+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crop Layering in FarmTown

Thanks

Default Crop Layering in FarmTown

LAYERING - 9 easy steps

Layering allows you to plant multiple layers of crops on your farms.

NOTE: This is a glitch in Farmtown, so you never know when it will be fixed...use at your own risk.

I WOULD RECOMENDED YOU TRY THIS ON ONE AREA OF ONE FARM.....4 LAYERS ....TILL YOU GET IT DOWN.

These directions will be for 4 layers, you can do as many as you like….I have done up to 7 layers on one farm.

#1 - START with a plowed field - ensure nothing is left unplowed. Be sure you have enough coins and fuel to do your fields 4 times. And if trees and buildings need to be off for you to plant...turn them off now.

#2 RIGHT CLICK on PLAY - click on "Open Link in new TAB" choose that option to open a whole new farm. Do this 4 times. One tab for each layer. DO NOT GO TO THE OTHER TABS YET.

#3 – On the first tab, (the far left one) disconnect….use the PLUG, It is located at the top right beside your farm name - MAKE IT RED.

#4 - Repeat step 3 for all the tabs you have open. If you are doing farm 2...select farm 2 first ..then disconnect

Sometimes when you go to the other tabs there will be a pop-up window –
    saying you are disconnected already….asking if you wish to reconnect
    click on the correct farm first….then click on the red X, then on the green check box on the next screen
    check the plug to make sure it’s red…then move on to the next tab

You will disconnect every single tab you open.

#5 – Go to the tab that is furthest on the left (this is your bottom layer) and begin to seed - using your longest timed crop first.

Notes on choosing crops :
    With 4 layers...plant the 4 day crops on the first one (your bottom layer) on the next layer, plant 3 day crops...and so on..you don't want your bottom crops to mature before the top ones.

You can plant crops that are ready the same day on top of each other….as shown below. BUT DO NOT PLANT THE SAME CROP ON TOP OF EACH OTHER! For example: don’t plant layer 2 and 3 wheat. You can alternate them. These are a couple of examples:
    4-day- cucumber/Broccoli - L4 (meaning layer4)
    3-day - Sunflower/pineapple- L3
    2-day – Wheat - L2
    2-day- rice - L1

Or: 4-day- cucumber/Broccoli – L4
    2-day – rice - L3
    2-day – Wheat- L2
    2-day- rice- L1

#6 - SEED your farm – CLICK SAVE (the disc beside your farm name) and close that tab. You Don’t have to wait for the avatar to catch up. Move to your next farm/tab furthest to the left.

#7 - SEED - SAVE - CLOSE TAB - after seeding every layer - your last layer Click play instead of closing the tab.

DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE PRIOR TO CLOSING TABS!!!

#8 - Harvest as per usual - DO NOT PLOW BETWEEN LAYERS.

After harvesting use your yellow bulldozer (or the big bulldozer you can buy with coins) from the tool box to delete all your harvested squares individually. Then save - go to another farm and go back again and your crop you have planted beneath WILL BE SHOWING - PROVIDED YOU FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS...

#9 - LAST layer harvest as per usual except you can plow this one - and now you are ready to start over

VERY IMPORTANT: If you get any pop-up while planting (for instance, you went up a level, a pop-up comes up, asking if you want to tell your friends) DO NOT CLICK ON YES......CLICK ON CANCEL OR THE X AT THE TOP OF THE POP-UP.

Also, I found that if you get disconnected from the internet in the middle of planting, you are done planting, your browser will reconnect to facebook, causing Farmtown to reconnect. So if it disconnected while you were planting layer 3, that is all you will get.

tip....can't remember if you have a layer under the one you just harvested? Delete one square....click on play (or go to another farm) and come back....if you have another crop under..it will now show.

If you mess up and forget you have crop under, and have someone plow....no biggy....just reload game, and the field will show unplowed fields again....now just delete the unplowed field...and continue.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaputernut For This Useful Post:

craftyoldcrow1 (11-03-2010), DonSolo (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Default Re: Crop Layering in FarmTown

Wow, that's pretty cool gaputernut...thanks for the info on crop layering.

Now we don't have to have a large crop field to grow crops...
    Just use maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of a farm for crops and make several layers to grow the crops we need for the other farm projects.

I'm gonna give this a try and start building my Farm Town the way I like it built.

Thanks

Great....give it a try....and if you have any issue or question please let me know!

Thanks

Made some additions to the directions, please re-read if you are trying this.

Thanks

Well, I tried it and I'll see if it works. I'm going to upgrade my second farm and do more layering on it, too.

Edit: By the way; How do you keep track of all those layers of crops on more than 2 farms, or on two for that matter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonSolo View Post
    Edit: By the way; How do you keep track of all those layers of crops on more than 2 farms, or on two for that matter?
    I keep a notepad on my desk, and i write down what i planted on each farm.
    it's a small notepad, that I staple 5 sheets together (because i have 5 farms)

it looks something like this for each farm

Farm#2
    4-day- cucumber/Broc L4 (meaning layer4)
    3-day - Sunflower/pineapple L3
    2-day - Wheat L2
    2-day- rice L1

and so on....that way when I plant farm #5, I can see what I planted on Farm4 (since I can't remember...LOL)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gaputernut For This Useful Post:

DonSolo (08-25-2010)

Thanks

Just in! On the latest update to farmtown.....looks like they mess with something concerning layering.

You can no longer Plant same crops on top of each other. you can still layer...but alternate the layers.

for example: it's ok to plant like this
    Layer 1 - corn
    Layer 2 -wheat
    Layer 3 -tomatoes
    Layer 4 -rice

DO NOT plant
    layer 1 -corn
    Layer 2 -corn
    Layer 3 -wheat
    Layer 4 -wheat
    if you plant this.....it will only give you one layer of corn...one layer of wheat.

Also,
    As for the Fertilizing of layered crops, when you apply the Fertilizer all the crops you have planted..and the layers beneath will be fertilized.

Thanks

I waited until you posted the above gaputernut before I decided to respond about it.

I wasted two big fields of crops (basically losing coins) because I planted the same crop on top of itself.

The first time I thought I may have just done something wrong with my planting sequence. Then the second time I knew something was up.
    After the second time I decided to separate the same crops from each other. I will find out today if it worked for me.

I hate the thought of losing all the extra coins "and fuel" over not paying attention to the glitches (plant and learn).

Good thing I now have a refinery and two oil pumps on my properties; to keep up with the fuel damands.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonSolo View Post
    I waited until you posted the above gaputernut before I decided to respond about it.

I wasted two big fields of crops (basically losing coins) because I planted the same crop on top of itself.

The first time I thought I may have just done something wrong with my planting sequence. Then the second time I knew something was up.
    After the second time I decided to separate the same crops from each other. I will find out today if it worked for me.

I hate the thought of losing all the extra coins "and fuel" over not paying attention to the glitches (plant and learn).

Good thing I now have a refinery and two oil pumps on my properties; to keep up with the fuel damands.
    Yes...so sorry I didn't know about that before.....I just discovered it myself. Think it was something new to one of the updates they did recently. Because...I planted same crops on top of each other before...with no issues. But I mostly alternate them so I didn't find it right away.

Thanks

I am not getting this.

+ Reply to Thread